WATER FOR REGIONAL QUEENSLAND
In Hughenden today with Scott Buchholz MP and former Queensland Treasury Chairman Sir Leo Hielscher to see the site of the upcoming Hughenden Irrigation Scheme. This is just one of the many water security measures being implemented by the Morrison Government.
In Queensland alone, we’ve released funds for:
* Rookwood Weir near Rockhampton (up to $176.1 million)
* Big Rocks Weir near Charters Towers (up to $30 million)
* Emu Swamp Dam near Stanthorpe (up to $42 million)
* Hughenden Irrigation Scheme (up to $180 million)
* Warwick Recycled Water for Agriculture (up to $790,000)
* Mareeba-Dimbulah Water Scheme (up to $11.6 million)
There are another 14 projects around Australia, some with State Government support, some without.
You have to question the Queensland Labor State Government’s record on dams, not to mention its recent decisions to release water from Paradise Dam near Bundaberg and reduce the capacity of Rookwood. These decisions are nonsensical and highlight how this administration lurches from one calamity to another.
Make your feelings known at the next state election and let’s get the LNP in government so we can get our great state moving.